This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Yet again, fall has snuck up on us. In addition to dusting off our flannels and puffer jackets, it is time to put on some appropriate fall music as well. I understand how much of a struggle it can be to find new music and put together playlists. Hopefully, by sharing some of my favorite songs to listen to in the fall, I can get you inspired!

Here are some of my favorites in no specific genre or order:

• “Scott Street” by Phoebe Bridgers

This song, like many by Phoebe Bridgers, is reflective and moody. In my opinion, that makes it perfect for fall.

• “Spiderhead” by Cage the Elephant

This song is a little chaotic, a little loud and a little spooky. It makes a great addition to the playlist if you need something more upbeat to jam out to.

• “Rhiannon” by Fleetwood Mac

“Rhiannon” is literally a song about a witch’s spirit; why wouldn’t you listen to this around Halloween?

• “Sweet FA” by Peach Pit

This is easily one of my favorite songs, especially during the fall. It is mellow and groovy — just what you need as the leaves start coming down.

• “Silver Springs (Live)” by Fleetwood Mac

Right now this seems to be one of TikTok’s favorites and for good reason. The live version of this song makes all the difference.

• “Summer’s Over Interlude” by Drake

Yup, summer really is over. This song being on your playlist confirms it.

• “Drew Barrymore” by SZA

While SZA sounds good during any season, this song will always give me fall vibes.

• “White Ferrari” by Frank Ocean

Adding Frank Ocean to your playlist is a surefire way to put you right in your fall feels.

• “Harvest Moon” by Neil Young

This song is old but gold. I love to resurrect this one during the fall every year.

• “Dark Red” by Steve Lacy

This song is so perfect and groovy for leaf-peeping drives with your friends!

• “Haunted” by The Frights

This song has the perfect ominous vibe that everybody needs during the Halloween season.

• “We Fell in Love in October” by girl in red

If there could only be one song to represent fall, it would be this one. This is an October classic.

Meg is a senior (2024) at UNH majoring in communication and minoring in business administration. She loves traveling, shopping, going to the beach, and coffee!