This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

We are at that time of year again when the leaves are drastically changing colors and it is starting to get cold out again. One of the best parts about fall, other than pumpkin spice everything, is getting to celebrate Halloween. Halloween is a great holiday because you get to eat tons of candy and get all dressed up in cute costumes with your friends. I love Halloween and coming up with different costumes, but it can be very time-consuming. As busy college students, nobody has the time to effectively balance time, think of and purchase original, but also recognizable and amazing costumes. Therefore, from all of the information that I have gathered from the past month of costume searching, here are a few costume ideas for this year: 

1. Disney Princesses: This is overall such an easy costume idea because you can buy a dress or two-piece set of the colors that they wear in the movies. This can be a group or solo costume and will still come out super cute. You can also buy a crown to wear which is always fun when taking cute Halloween pictures with your friends. Being a Disney princess for Halloween is such a great idea because everyone is going to be able to know who you are and you get to pick whatever outfit makes you feel the most confident. It is not a time-consuming costume to assemble and you get to live your childhood fantasy dreams of being a young beautiful princess for a night.
  2. Hershey Kiss: While scouring the internet for my own perfect costume, I really fell in love with the idea of dressing up as a Hershey Kiss because people really seem to be able to pull it off. The concept of wearing a silver dress and using a ribbon in your hair that has the Hershey Kiss logo is adorable. This is super cute and only a few people are going to do this, but again everyone will love it and know what you are. 
  3. Barbie: I know that this costume is going to be huge this year after the movie Barbie came out over the summer, but this costume would be effortless to accomplish. You could almost wear anything or even just wear pink and call yourself Barbie. This is something you could get together if you did not have a plan last minute that would still be noticeable and cute. This could also be an amazing group costume idea if you and your friends were different types of Barbies or different Barbie pairs like Barbie and Raquelle or Princess and the Pauper. 
  4. Scooby-Doo: I personally did this costume last year and I loved it. It was a blast getting ready and everybody loved the idea since it was so original. This could be a group or solo costume, you could have your entire friend group be all of the Scooby-Doo characters or do just a duo like Daphne and Velma or Scooby and Shaggy. I really recommend doing a fun costume like this, it might be silly but it isn’t too time-consuming and is definitely a costume you won’t forget doing. 
  5. Fairies: This costume idea might be a little more on the basic side but it is still such an amazing idea. I feel like you can create a lot of different concepts from this simple idea. You could be a plain fairy, you could do Tinkerbell, you could do different colored fairies with your friend group or you could do the Winx group. All of these ideas are based on the same principle but also very different and unique. This costume idea is not very time-consuming as well and would only need the wings as a prop and everybody will definitely know what you are and love it. 

I really love all of these costume ideas and thought about doing them myself or have already done them and I hope you do as well. I know Halloween can be a stressful time of the year as it falls more in the middle of the semester when people have lots of exams, homework and other commitments to attend and do not necessarily have enough time to put some thought about what they are gonna wear on Halloween which can be stressful when it comes way too quickly. I am hoping that this list can take a little off your load so you can have fun and enjoy the exciting holiday and weekend that is coming around in a couple weeks!

unh '25 be kind to others & love yourself<3