Tasty Cocktails to Try This Fall

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The fall season is filled with many festive flavors like apple, maple, pumpkin spice, caramel, and much more. Whether you’re having a cozy night in, hanging out with friends, or attending an event, here are three must-try cocktails to make this fall season.

1. Apple Cider mimosa

The first drink is an apple cider mimosa. The ingredients needed are your choice of prosecco, apple cider, caramel, brown sugar, apple slices, and a glass. First, dip the rim of your glass into the caramel sauce, then dip it into the brown sugar. This creates a tasty rim. Fill the glass three-fourths of the way with prosecco and then fill the rest with apple cider. These proportions can be adjusted based on your preference. Garnish with an apple slice on top. This drink is easy to make and it tastes sweet and crisp.

2. Festive FALL PUNCH

Another tasty cocktail to make is a flavorful fall punch. First, gather all the ingredients including any brand of plain vodka, apple cider, pomegranate juice, pear juice, lemon juice (or a lemon), an orange slice, cranberries for garnish, and a glass. Start by adding one and a half ounces of vodka to the glass. Then pour two ounces of apple cider, one ounce of pomegranate juice, and a half ounce of pear juice. Then add a splash of lemon juice or a freshly squeezed lemon. Garnish with cranberries and an orange slice. This fruity drink is perfect for any fall occasion.

3. maple brown sugar espresso martini

The final must-try drink is a maple brown sugar espresso martini. The ingredients you need to make this are one shot of espresso, your preference of vanilla-flavored vodka, Kahlua, brown sugar, maple syrup, heavy cream, cinnamon, a shaker, and a martini glass. First, add one teaspoon of brown sugar and one teaspoon of maple syrup. Add an ounce of vanilla-flavored vodka, one ounce of Kahlua, and then the espresso. Top with a splash of heavy cream and stir. Pour into a shaker with ice and then pour it into the martini glass. Sprinkle cinnamon on top for a pinch of extra flavor. This drink is a great fit for anyone who doesn’t love the fruity taste but wants the feel of a fall-themed drink.

I am currently a senior environmental engineering and sustainability dual major student at UNH. I am from Carver, MA and love going to the beach, hanging out with friends, and walking my dog.