The Ultimate Checklist for Spook-Tacular Boo Basket

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The season of giving is coming in full swing, and surprising friends, family, and SOs with a Boo Basket is the perfect gift to get started. Here’s everything you need to know to craft the perfect spooky surprise.

Comfort

As the weather gets colder, you must stock your friends up with warm and cozy must-haves. For a smaller gift, you could choose a pair of fuzzy socks or slippers. The Deluxe by Dearfoam slippers from Target are a fairly affordable option, but if you want to splurge, you can’t go wrong with the UGG Scuffette IIs. For a bigger gift, a fuzzy fall blanket or stuffed animal is a perfect addition to dorm decor.

Skincare and Body Care

Cold and dry weather can take a toll on the hydration of our skin. Consider products to combat this, such as a nice Treehut body scrub or lotion. To avoid cracked lips, the Glossier Balm Dotcom, Summer Fridays Lip Balm, or Burt’s Bees Chapstick are three great options! Additionally, a hydrating face mask can do wonders in a skincare routine for your giftees.

Accessories

Accessories can add the perfect touch to any boo basket, and there are plenty of options to choose from. Enewton, Pura Vida, and Marshalls offer quality, yet affordable pieces, perfect for every occasion. For a more practical accessory, Stanley, Owala, and Hydro Flask water bottles have been rising in popularity this year, and are perfect to keep drinks hot or cold for every occasion. 

Treats

No boo basket is complete without some sweet and savory treats to enjoy. Popular Halloween chocolates and candy are bound to be a hit. Savory snacks like popcorn and pretzels are perfect for your friends to snack on between study breaks. Gifting them with their favorites is sure to bring a smile to their faces.

Olivia Gauthier is a Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at the University of New Hampshire. She is a second-year Information Systems and Business Analytics major.