Style > Beauty

10 Beauty Tips for Low Maintenance Baddies According to TikTok

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Feeling beautiful is a bountiful currency that can never be replaced by anything unless we choose to. For many, it is naturally hard to keep up with all the steps one must take to physically feel beautiful. Skin, body, and hair care all seem very intimidating when put together. I have personally struggled to find a routine that works according to my lifestyle and my priorities. Until one day, I stumbled upon a video on TikTok that showed me how I could have an easier beauty journey: “Low Maintenance” beauty routines. And truly, it’s a holy grail to the busy people out there who love to maintain their appearance, but want to spend only half the time doing so!

Here are 10 low maintenance beauty tips according to the TikTok baddies out there!

Use a lip stain

One of the easiest, low maintenance beauty tips out there, is to use a lip stain. When you wear lipstick, most times you have to reapply it during the day so it doesn’t wear off. With the lip stain of your choosing, it’s highly unlikely you’ll have to reapply since part of its design is for the pigment to “stain” your lips for a prolonged time. You can either use it at nighttime, so you have a light lip stain when you wake up, or you can apply it in the morning with the reassurance that it will stay just as pigmented throughout the day.

Wax instead of shave

This one might be a little bit more time-consuming for the time being, but waxing your body compared to shaving it is incredibly beneficial in the long run. The effects of waxing can last from three to six weeks, while with a razor, a clean shave typically lasts three to five days at most. A body-waxing session can last anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours, but you can rest assured that you will not be picking up that razor for a long time.

Shave your peach fuzz

If you want a great base for makeup, want your skincare products to easily seep through and want your face to look clear, face shaving is for you. Shaving your face is also a nice way to make sure that it feels exfoliated, leaving a nice facial glow if done correctly.

Using self-tanner for contour

For the people who aren’t a big fan of using contour on the daily, a big beauty hack is to use self-tanner on the shadows of your face where you would usually put contour to achieve a truly natural look. A lot of TikTok content creators swear by this hack, since not only is it easy to apply, but it is truly low maintenance at its best.

Use hair oil for shine and durability

Hair care can be difficult, but it is not impossible to simplify the process. Just oiling your hair provides shininess, encourages hair growth, reduces split ends…You name it!

AD 4nXdsVbl7vsqFz115IduryCQxcjdO3JnFuuPVfWGr1NLTNprqoWEFmo6drn5Jq TcdCokh4bpDymRLPrDAxCMSSvn36tBTXRhFqCWUXF

Use heatless curlers 

To achieve that effortless wavy or curly hair, the best thing to try are heatless curlers. They are incredibly easy to use. You utilize these curlers before you go to sleep to wake up with beautiful wavy hair. Using curling irons long term can create a heap of hair issues; like heat damage, breakage, and split ends, which is why heatless curlers help promote healthy hair care.

Use whitening strips

Let’s be honest, the money to whiten your teeth can be a tad much. So, using whitening strips can be a big win to those saving up. Not only are they easy to apply, but you can see the results almost immediately. As with every product, you must be careful using it, especially if you have sensitive teeth. Nevertheless, it is a beauty trick that is long-lasting, and it’s very easy to use.

Buy lashes

If you want more of a fluttery and glamorous look or even a natural complete look, buying fake eyelashes can help with that. You might ask yourself, “wouldn’t it be easier to use mascara?” The simple answer would be a yes, but the long-lasting answer is that a good set of lashes can last up to two weeks with the correct adhesive. If you’re annoyed with mascara most of the time on how it doesn’t look full or long enough, this could be your low maintenance answer.

Use ice-cold spoons to alleviate eye bags

AD 4nXed6hsXCdFYkraGktzDKPXCspe 1Ns3hIQZk7o3U34ks1dpC yvEQxkSjQpjavvBf0ErYZQhG6WSSo4W8AVFBnGTmCPGbgQg0GFq9xr82RueCjP7LU3OdMURZeklxDSJ2fEBdHKgfrEThYLqDvW40 fCqg?key=ZY1VvQ8 ondIusOJKd0ysA

This beauty tip is the definition of an easy fix, even if it might be kind of uncomfortable in the beginning. The TikTok girls recommend placing 2 ice-cold metal spoons underneath your eyes (or you can close them and put them directly on top). This method decreases swelling and irritation around the eyes. Remember to wash and disinfect the utensils before you use them!

Use beard dye for eyebrows!

If you have light-colored eyebrows or feel like filling them in is a bit too much every day, you can use beard dye to help with your eyebrow journey. This hack is not only long-lasting on the application result, but, since you use so little of the actual product, you end up saving more money in the long run. Make sure to be careful and mindful with the application!

If you try all or even one of these, the most important thing to always remember (even if it’s clichĂ© to say), is that with or without the beauty hacks offered, every person is beautiful in their own way and form. Overall, the more knowledge we have with our own beauty, the more choices we are offered to do as we wish with them. And if you want to be low maintenance, these TikTok creators and I are more than glad to help you start out. 

Katteryn M. Hilario Valdez is an aspiring writer at Her Campus at UPR. The topics she covers in her articles range from entertainment and fashion to life experiences and mental health awareness. Besides her role on Her Campus, Katteryn is currently a Senior at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, majoring in Psychology. However, she’s also in the works on getting a second major on Journalism. She plans to use her knowledge and practice of writing and media literature to build a successful career on the mix of the two. When she isn’t writing for Her Campus, you can see her writing and reading poetry when she’s inspired, as well as writing essays on the types of media that catch her eye. You can also find her writing songs and doing karaoke in her alone time. In fact, she loves music related shows like High School Musical: The Musical: The Series or Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and romantic comedies like 13 Going On 30. She also spends her time digging into anything video game related in her downtime. Most of all, she has an interest in anything she can learn and improve from, always looking to grow her practical and logical skills for her professional and personal career.