Why Pitbull Is Actually One Of The Most Iconic Artists For This Generation

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Pitbull has become a household name in the music industry, and if you’re not familiar with his artistry, I’ll tell you a bit about him right now. 

Pitbull is a renowned Cuban rapper that is mostly known for his style and stage presence. I’ve been listening to his songs on the radio since I was very young, and vividly remember laughing and enjoying the way I could hear his confidence bursting through the speakers of my mom’s car, who used to dance with me nonstop to his music on my morning rides to school. I’d like to share a hot take… these are some of my favorite Pitbull songs that are sure to heighten any playlist:

I feel like he has influenced a lot of lives in a positive way, or at least that’s how I’ve remembered it since I was in elementary school. When recently asking my friends and classmates, they all agreed that their school talent shows or at least one field day had featured a Pitbull song, and most, if not all, have good memories of his songs jumpstarting a party. There is music for every mood, but if one ever needs positive reinforcement then his songs are perfect. Their lyrics resonate universally because they are fun and make people feel better, for example in “Time of Our Lives” his iconic one-liner:

This is for everybody going through tough times

Believe me, been there, done that

But everyday above ground is a great day, remember that

It’s simple, but very effective because he’s right!

AD 4nXe GmuhPZ pcy o3NlGLQNmE KVRofrxTHl0pBtmXa7HwGEidQQq1fHpVmr879Zicq6Tn3MpV2mxzYT03PoI5K61 ikHr58K2pJZAPZ6zFB8lOwAsK fDZfT 6sRcv7pmNI7sDNcL80kpiyKVRqPXYN9Ui?key=jovd7M AC06KMMLAfWONFg

Photo from Pinterest

He is a superstar for his work hard, play hard mentality, his Miami 305 pride, and his catchy music. His uniform is trademarked by slick suits and black shades, a high-class signature look that he wears for hours-long concerts. That’s what I call commitment! He is an artist who always insists on not giving up on what we want to achieve, who’s own story started with many “no’s” that he turned into an undoubtful, full of “yes’s,” successful, long-term career. You’ve probably also seen on TikTok how many people dress up for Halloween in bald caps, and Mr. Worldwide always appears on that list. Pitbull’s persona inspires a level of confidence in people, especially women, to not feel insecure or uncomfortable breaking some Halloween standards; because it’s iconic! I might actually hop on that trend this year given my big obsession with his music. So get ready! You might just spot that costume somewhere this October 31st, or decide to try it out yourself! 

AD 4nXf Q 9aXXubhMYWSWaSmAwCUxxZmTWTG G8UJuvrg729Du8ilH4gKe8e63tP2CKCXDoqkyubLHleo9taaKk7DUKlNb3ps87ePTX3Of3vXAKlrW6gQD0L72orDXzihYbd1FO3h2nZX06sJ nDSFkfyBkqCMC?key=jovd7M AC06KMMLAfWONFg

Photo from Pinterest

María Isabel is an undergraduate student at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras campus and a contributor to the Her Campus UPR chapter magazine. Her topics of interest range from entertainment to midnight thoughts that keep you up at night. She is majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies in the Humanities faculty with a specific interest in Theater and Language. She is academically eager to keep taking French classes, and learn more on the relationship between theater, movement, and performing arts. Another discipline they would major in, if they could, is in Art History and Literature. Most of their work experience is related to theater as a member of the cast and production team in the Theatre committee at her university. Maria is constantly looking for new opportunities to participate in theater productions and art related projects. In her free time she relaxes by reading, watching Netflix and Disney Plus movies and series, and looking for new experiences to share with her friends. When she’s not listening to podcasts on her drive to the university, she is binge watching her favorite sitcom,New Girl, and she feels that most times she is a mix of Jess and Winston, and when stressed a raging Schmidt.