Let’s talk about Short n Sweet not having a single skip. 

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

It was about time Miss Carpenter dropped her sixth studio album titled, Short n’ Sweet. It felt like it has been forever since she last dropped emails i cant send, i still listen to it religiously as if it was the first time because of how good it was. Short n’ Sweet, released on Friday,August 23, is a pop album with elements of different genres such as country and R&B.With a total of 12 songs and 2 bonus tracks, this album is the perfect definition of a pop sensation. Let’s break down every single track, with no specific ranking. 

1. Taste: Her third single and album opener. Taste is another pop track featuring rock guitar, country-tinged vocals, and disco melodies. I can say it’s one of her catchiest songs right now, and it’s fun to enjoy. 
  2. Please Please Please: The Second single and Sabrina’s first number one on the Hot 100 chart. This song uses a mix of synthesized sounds, such as the guitars, bass and drums, as the background. She also makes a great use of the synth element which helps the track sound more captivating and magical. 
  3. Good Graces: Another pop anthem and game changer. Just like any other pop track, it’s a mixture of electronic and acoustic elements, but Good Graces has that upbeat pop sound that makes you want to sing along.
  4. Sharpest Tool: Sharpest Tool is a vibrant and youthful track. The way she plays with the lyrics makes them connect and rhyme seamlessly. Carpenter’s vocal delivery is dynamic and very much storytelling.  
  5. Coincidence: Coincidence sounds like it belongs on emails i cant send-easily. It’s another catchy song, perfect for sing-alongs, and it has a vibe that’s reminiscent of campfire songs.  
  6. Bed Chem: The only r&b track on the album and it’s becoming tiktok favorite. Bed chem sounds sparkly and magically pleasing, not to forget how good of a storytelling track it is. Makes excellent use of vocalizing and adding ad libs into a dreamy and flirtatious track.   
  7. Espresso: Sabrina’s-first ever single, and most people believe it’s the song of the year because of how good it was and how it made us feel this summer. Espresso has that vibrant energy and good to sing along to. According to Billboard, Espresso is a ”pop smash that’s going to persist as a cultural touchstone.”
  8. Dumb & Poetic: This track is believed to be the shortest one on the album. Dumb & Poetic offers some subtle country elements, and the lyrics are incredibly well-crafted. 
  9. Slim Pickins: A country track featuring guitar riffs. The instrumentation creates a warm, rustic atmosphere. Sabrina’s vocal style clearly marks it as a country track, especially with the way she pronounces certain words.   
  10.  Juno: “Just like the movie” Track number 10 feels like the best song on the album because it reminds me of romcoms soundtracks silly yet so happy. It features catchy melodies and upbeat sounds, and the bridge is amazing, sounding like Troye Sivans “Angel Baby”.
  11.  Lie To Girls: An underrated track with a powerful message. Lie to girls explores how women treat themselves nowadays in modern relationships. It’s a delicate and gentle track with a slow instrumental. In other words, Lie To Girls feels like Sabrina playing the role of a big sister, offering such advice.
  12.  Don’t smile: The ultimate missing-your-ex anthem. Don’t Smile is another one of Sabrina’s nostalgic-sounding tracks. As the closing track, it expresses feelings of sadness, contrasting with the monotone beat playing in the background.        
Julybet is a writer at the Her Campus at Universidad de Puerto Rico at Mayagüez chapter. She is a very passionate enthusiast for films & music, she is also an advocate for human rights. Earlier in her teen years, she started to be drawn to activism and fighting for equality and justice. She strongly believes that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and much respect; and is committed to use her voice for those who can't, making a difference in the world. In addition to her advocacy work, her love for music and film is as much as important. She tends to find solace and inspiration in the power of storytelling through music and visual arts. Always seeking a meaning whenever she's listening to music or watching a movie, she's trying to understand the message. Overall, she strives to make a positive impact in her personal and professional life. By combining her passion for human rights with her love for music and films. Hoping to inspire others to join her for a more and inclusive society. “I believe that through creativity and activism, we can truly make a difference in the world”.