Wellness

I Tried Lemme Chill Gummies So You Don’t Have To: De-Stress

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.
girl lounging relax 2
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus

Did they work for me?

I took the Lemme Chill gummies for two months straight. Here’s what I thought:

As I started the new school year, my nerves were skyrocketing. I’m also on birth control and my stress levels are higher than they have ever been. I’ve always heard good things about the Lemme brand and wanted to try it out. Each bottle costs $30, excluding tax, and as a college student, that’s pretty pricey.

First Month:

The more I looked into them, the lower my expectations came. I took the recommended amount each day, which was two gummies. They don’t go into effect till later in the day, but when they do, I haven’t felt more zen. The gummies helped me in stressful situations, such as the first day of classes, doing homework, interviews, etc.

Second Month:

Overall, I had a positive experience with them until I had an early visit from my period. At first, I didn’t think much of it. But then that period continued for three weeks straight. I visited my OBGYN, and she concluded that the gummies were taking a toll on my birth control and I needed to stop taking them, though she never said what exactly in the gummies was the problem. Later that day, I took the opportunity to research more on the gummies and turns out I wasn’t the only person with this problem. This made me kinda sad as I thought I had found something to help me out in stressful situations.

So what’s in it?

Key Ingredients:

KSM-66 Ashwagandha: A botanical that has been known to support stress and relaxation. Clinically shown to reduce occasional stress, support healthy cortisol levels, and reduce stress-related food cravings.

Herbal blends of PassionFlower, Lemon Balm, and Goji Berry: Individually known for boosting mood and energy.

Lemme Website:

https://lemmelive.com/collections/all/products/chill?variant=43829584855254

Would I recommend:

Yes, besides my incident with my birth control, they helped me reduce my stress levels. However, it can be expensive to constantly buy them. I would recommend checking with your care provider.

Hi! My name is Daniella and I currently attend UTSA. I love to shop, dance, listen to music, and spend time with my family and friends.