THREE ALBUMS TO KICK OFF FALL

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

As we’re finally heading into the cozy fall season, and people are already drinking their pumpkin lattes, going pumpkin carving, and getting their cozy and warm sweaters out of their closets, what better way to combine that with some albums to listen to as we enter into this cozy season.

Kansas anymore-Role mODEL

Role Model’s sophomore album has reflective and heartfelt tones throughout all 13 songs. The album touches on personal growth, heartbreak, and falling in love. The album offers comforting, relatable, and, most importantly, honest messages to listeners while reflecting on his recent personal heartbreak in songs like “Compromise,” “So Far Gone,” and “Something, Somehow, Someday.” He offers contrasting songs that visit the vulnerability of falling in love such as “Superglue” and “Deeply Still In Love”. These songs make this album ideal for morning reflection and setting warm and hopeful tones for the day.

My Top Three Songs:

• Compromise
  • Oh, Gemini
  • Look At That Woman

APRICOT PRINCESS-REX ORANGE COUNTY

Released in 2017, Apricot Princess is an emotional and vibrant album that mixes the artist’s jazz, indie pop and R&B influences to create a sense of youthful discovery and romance. Tracks such as “Sycamore Girl” and “Nothing” feature more dreamy and melodic melodies. The dynamic of the songs is effortlessly curated to highlight the ups and downs of young adulthood in a way that resonates with listeners in a tender and genuine way.

My Top Three Songs:

• 4 Seasons
  • Televison/So Far So good
  • Sycamore Girl

FIVE SECONDS FLAT-LIZZY McAlpINE

Lizzy McAlpine’s second album, Five Seconds Flat, features a cinematic approach to loss and self-reflection. Across the 14 tracks, blends of alternative, indie-folk, and pop to create a rich and emotional experience. Her storytelling and firm lyricism deliver a universally relatable project. Songs like “all my ghosts,” and “doomsday” bring emphasis to relationships and the raw evolution that they carry. This album is paired with a film based on the songs featured and is a beautiful watch for autumn nights.

My Top Three Songs:

• orange show speedway
  • hate to be lame (ft. Finneas)
  • doomsday

With these three album recommendations, I really hope that it makes your fall vibes cozier and help you get better into the mood.

I am a 19 year old communications major, making me a sophmore. I'm from Laredo, Texas and love all things music, acting and fashion.