element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Christmas Gift Ideas: College Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

With the Holidays underway comes all of the gifts that you need to buy for friends and family. There are gifts to buy for your familly and you maybe have a couple secret Santa’s going on with your friends. How are we, college kids, supposed to afford all of these gifts on top of other expenses that comes with being in college? Like all of you guys I, myself, am trying to find the perfect gifts for all my friends and family without breaking the bank. Here are a few great gift ideas that I’ve received, myself, and have given other people. Happy shopping! 

1. Mug + Box of Hot Chocolate/Tea

I don’t think anyone could have enough hot chocolate or mugs, especially during the cold weather and Holidays. This is a super cheap gift that still looks like you gave your gift some thought. 

2. Fuzzy Socks (or any kind of socks)

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m never disappointed when I get some new fuzzy socks for the Holidays, and I don’t think anyone could really disagree. 

3. Body/Bath Items

The cold weather calls for taking more baths. After finals and after I get home for the Holidays, you will find me in the bath tub with some nice peppermint bubble bath. Head over to Bath and Body Works and pick up some lotion and bubble bath as a great gift for a friend!

4. Tumbler Cup + Extra

I don’t know anyone that would be dissappointed to get a new tumbler cup for Christmas. You can get them in such cute designs and patterns. I don’t think you could really have enough of them. One time I got a tumbler cup for a gift with a giftcard and candy inside, and it was just the cutest thing. So throw in a gift card, candy, nail polish, or chapstick to make the perfect gift. 

5. Starbucks Mug/Tumbler and Gift Card

I don’t think any girl would complain about getting anything Starbucks. Every Starbucks has a little gift section filled with mugs and different cups. Then, pick up a giftcard and you’re good to go! 

6. Personalized Necklace

One of my favorite gifts to recieve would probably be a necklace that has my intial on it. It looks like they gave so much thought in your gift, when really all they had to know was the first letter of your name to get this perfect gift. I would recommend stopping over at Kohls for this gift. They always seem to have affordable, personalized jewelry.  

Sarah Mueller is a senior majoring in Organizational and Professional Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. She loves to write, run, and do yoga in her free time. Follow her on instagram: sarah_muelller