This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

To those who love reading, a bookstore is a magical land you could visit for hours. Walking through walls of books is always a dream. Well, what if I told you that Windsor was a treasure trove of local bookstores with access to popular titles as well as rare editions and uncommon reads; anything you can find at Indigo you can find at these stores, and if they don’t have it in stock most will order it in for you! 

I am a bookworm who loves supporting local, so these local bookstores are a dream come true! 

Biblioasis 

Perhaps my favourite bookstore in Windsor is Biblioasis. Located in the heart of Walkerville, it is deceptively tiny. When you walk in you are greeted by tables of books published by local authors, popular titles, and Biblioasis staff recommendations. Biblioasis is not only a bookstore, but also a literary press/publisher that publishes between 20 to 30 books a year. This is how they get such a great selection of local author content. Past the main area into a secret back room is their collection of used books! Here you can find popular titles at a reduced price, as well as old, rare, and limited print books that you can’t find anywhere else! 

Juniper Books 

Juniper Books sells  used and rare books. With books organized into genre by room, you can easily find used popular titles at a much cheaper price as well as original copies and uncommon books . Browse the horror genre room for a giant selection of Stephen King and classic horror. You can also  view their large collection of rare books in all genres. They even have a discount room with over 5000 books. Packed to the ceiling with books, Juniper Books has a great atmosphere and is perfect for a booklover looking for used books to add to their collection! 

River Bookshop

The River Bookshop is a bookshop in Amherstburg located along the Detroit River. They are not only a bookstore but a hub of local culture. They have weekly events, from book panel discussions to poetry readings and local author fairs. It’s a cute little store in a gorgeous location. Whether you’re going to shop or to participate in one of their events, the River Bookshop is a great place to spend your time! 

Giulia Vilardi is Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UWindsor. She oversees all HC UWindsor teams and content. She is also responsible for writing and editing articles, as well as posting to HC UWindsor Instagram and TikTok. Giulia primarily writes lifestyle articles relating to campus life, being a woman and STEM, and cool local spots. Beyond Her Campus, Giulia is a Senior in the Behaviour, Cognition, and Neuroscience program at UWindsor. She spends most of her time working as Assistant Director of Communications for a research lab on campus. She is Co-President of SMArt (a UWindsor club for scientists who love art) where she helps provide artistic services to the science community at UWindsor. Giulia is an avid reader and enjoys creating art of all kinds in her free time. She can't get through the day without AT LEAST 3 cups of coffee. She loves listening to music and is always looking for new music recs!