Group photo at a CFS game. Sporting crimson and gray while being on trend with this years fashion staples.
Original photo by Sara Burres

CFS F/W 2024

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WSU chapter.

I’m SO ready for game day, are you?

Ah… the warm air, smell of wildfires, and bright, blue skies. How I miss that feeling of stepping onto campus for the first time in months. The hiatus seemed to last forever, but now… CFS!! During summer break I just couldn’t wait to bask in the sunshine together in full Coug-gear. Maybe they’ll give out more bucket hats this year so we can fill the stadium with Coug pride. While some indulge in football, others (me) love the fashion show it provides.

Original photo by Sara Burres

Here are some of my favorite it-girl trends this summer that are bound to make it to Martin Stadium this fall for the 2024 CFS. From never-ending accessories, tiny tops & tiny bottoms, and the infamous Palouse cowgirl boot, the stands are bound to have some fashion staples to show off our cougar spirit.

Wazzu backless tie-top
Original photo by Sara Burres
WSU Cougars baby-tee
Original photo by Sara Burres
WSU simple, red football jersey
Original photo by Sara Burres

Tiny tops are a major staple in any college women’s closet. Buying already done pieces from WSU suppliers, borrowing from a friend, or making it our own by DIY-ing pieces, Cougars wear our logo and colors with pride.

white knit-shorts with ruffles
Original photo by Sara Burres
denim mini shorts
Original photo by Sara Burres
black faux leather skirt
Original photo by Sara Burres

Some basic mini bottoms to keep us cool during the summer games. My favorite trend this year is the uber-girly bows on literally everything. A frilly mini skirt is perfect to pair with a tiny top or an oversized jersey. I love thrifting with my best friends when we’re in Pullman, and it’s always the best time to find new clothes for the upcoming year. Or make it your own and go wild with paints, frills, and rhinestones for your own one-of-a-kind Coug-spirit fit.

tall white cowgirl boots
Original photo by Sara Burres
Red cowgirl boots
Original photo by Sara Burres

Perfect for storming the field, waiting for a hotdog, and all of the photos to be taken, the good ol’ fashioned cowgirl boot will never be out of Pullman style.  The addition of bows can add an extra feminine touch to the pull strap to color coordinate your outfit. 

CFS outfit combos
Original photo by Sara Burres

My favorite part of any outfit is the personal touches that finish off the look. A cowgirl hat, bandana, belts, leather jacket, and of course a plethora of jewelry are always my go-to’s when constructing a look. It’s such a great way to relieve stress and to get with my girls to make matching outfits so our insta feeds align while supporting in crimson and gray.

xoxo,

Sara Burres

Sara is excited to start her role as a member of the social media team for Her Campus. She is a senior undergraduate student majoring in general biology and minoring in psychology on the premed track. Sara can always be found running around campus to one of many extracurricular activities. As a Teaching Assistant (TA) for the Anatomy Lab on campus, an Undergraduate Research Assistant in a neuroscience lab, and an Undergraduate Research Peer Mentor, she keeps busy. Outside of the lab, Sara enjoys yoga, pilates, fashion, modeling, reading, and spending time with loved ones. One of Sara's favorite events on campus is the Annual AMDT (apparel, merchandise, design, and textiles) Fashion Show held during Spring Parents Weekend. She participates as a volunteer model for senior designers to help bring their very first collection pieces to life!