Style > Fashion

Summer 2024 Fashion Predictions

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WSU chapter.

With the summer solstice on June 20th, it’s safe to say summer is finally here! With the new season, there comes endless opportunities to elevate your personal style. 

One of my all-time favorite creators on YouTube, Susielola, posts seasonal fashion prediction videos that leave me inspired and obsessed. I decided to make my own Susielola-inspired list of fashion trends I want to see and participate in as the new season begins!  

Screenshot 2024 07 04 at 2.05.57%E2%80%AFAM

Photo From Boot Barn 

Cowgirl Boots – so many people on social media have been taking an interest in the country aesthetic for the warmer months, mostly inspired by musical influences like Lana Del Rey and her upcoming album Lasso. Cowgirl boots, paired with a cute pair of cutoff denim shorts, could be the cutest thing ever to wear as the weather allows shorts again. 

92168202 011 d

Photo From Urban Outfitters  

Homemade Off-The-Shoulder Tops – do you have any old t-shirts from last summer still hanging around not being worn? Cut the collar off them and turn them into a new off-the-shoulder top! I think this neckline is so visually appealing and adds a bit of elegance to an outfit. Making your own unused t-shirts into something you will wear again is such a great way to save money and be sustainable with fashion.  

STEVEMADDEN SHOES ELMA ICE LEATHER 4870 grande.jpg

Photo From Steve Madden 

Kitten Heel Sandals – I never know what to wear as fancy shoes in the summer. Luckily, I have been noticing a resurgence of kitten heel sandals this spring and summer that I think are groundbreakingly stylish! They are the perfect solution to dressing chic in hot weather.  

cieloeye.jpg

Photo From Lemonhead LA 

Glitter Eyeshadow – adding a dash of glitter to your makeup routine can turn down-to-earth looks into a messy ethereal summer party vibe. 2000s and Euphoria inspired glitter eyeshadow still has a strong hold on me and I absolutely love to see it done with vibrant colors. 

91586339 018 e

Photo From Urban Outfitters 

Gingham Print – this adorable print reminds me of picnics in the grass and sunshine in your face. Very Lana Del Rey Americana. I especially love seeing gingham with shorts, shirts, and dresses. 

0712609690150NEW 00 060

Photo From PacSun 

Backless – a cute backless moment on dresses and shirts screams “ready for warm weather” to me. Having your top be backless can elevate the outfit in such an effortless chic way. The design is easily classy and can be dressed up or down. 

90726910 061 b

Photo From Urban Outfitters  

Red – from red nails to red shirts, red shoes to red bags, I have been seeing (and loving) red everywhere. Adding such a bold pop of color to an outfit instantly makes it more interesting and adorable. 

Screenshot 2024 07 04 at 2.21.21%E2%80%AFAM

Photo From Ray-Ban 

Colorful Glasses Frames – admittedly, as a glasses-wearer, sometimes plain old glasses can get boring to wear every day. Using your glasses as a colorful accessory is such a cool way to make an outfit more put together and unique. For those who don’t need glasses to see, colorful sunglasses are a cute way to introduce a pop of color into an outfit or match the theme you already have! 

0731602180006NEW 00 349

Photo From PacSun 

Denim on Denim – the 70s are always back, and denim on denim is one of my favorite ways to see this decade in clothing. Pairing a denim skirt with a denim jacket for when it’s cold on shady summer days is such a cute way to participate in this trend. For hotter days, layering denim vests over tanks with denim shorts adds a 70s spin on a normal summer outfit. 

230810 BC FLL RESHOOTS KFA23T202 FA23

Photo From For Love & Lemons 

Ribbons – a trend I will never get tired of, tying ribbons in your hair or on the straps of your bookbag is the cutest addition to an outfit. I even adore seeing ribbon tied on clothing and woven into the fabric. Just grab a roll of ribbon from a craft store and start customizing!  

91982892 070 b

Photo From Urban Outfitters 

Unique Layered Accessories – I have been loving to layer different accessories like silver, gold, or beaded belt chains over shorts and skirts! Interesting and mismatched earrings, necklaces, or bracelets are also fun to add to outfits, especially when stacked. 

87962775 002 b

Photo From Urban Outfitters 

Lace – lace everything! Lace-trimmed shirts, lace-trimmed dresses, sheer lace layering, “lacy” by Olivia Rodrigo, I’m completely obsessed. Layering with lace is a great way to stay weather-appropriate in hotter weather.  

Screenshot 2024 07 04 at 2.25.46%E2%80%AFAM

Photo From Hollister  

Midi & Maxi Skirts – the perfect beachy transition from pants to short skirts and dresses. I adore the resurgence of midi skirts in daily wardrobes, they are such an easy way to dress nicely for transitioning weather.  

These trends are just some of the things I have been seeing people begin to wear as summer settles in. Repurposing old clothes and turning them into new outfits with ribbons and cutting off-the-shoulder shirts is my favorite way to participate in fashion trends, right next to feeding into my passion for buying clothes.  

I hope this list can inspire your summer fashion choices and get you excited for some warmer weather! 

Chloe Cramer is a writer and editor-in-chief at the Her Campus Washington State University chapter. She overlooks and edits articles from members of the chapter as well as produces her own covering anywhere from entertainment to style. Beyond Her Campus, Chloe has previously worked as an intern at the Washington State Magazine. She is currently a senior at Washington State University, majoring in English with a focus on Rhetoric and Professional Writing and minoring in Communications and Creative Writing. In her free time, Chloe enjoys rewatching Gilmore Girls, swimming, making playlists on Spotify, and writing poetry.